LSE:BARC – Bearish Pennant
– Bearish pennant appears to be forming with price currently trading beneath the 50/200eMA
– Ratio line between Barclays and FTSE100 broke its ascending trendline which shows Barclays is under-performing against FTSE
– Pennants can be messy patterns to trade and may require continual adjustment of the trendlines as the pattern evolves
– However if we see a clean break on heavy volume either intraday or EOD of day we can look to enter short and target the 175 area.
– Stops can be above 223 or lower, depending on how price breaks out (ie if we see a breakaway gap to the downside then use the gap to place your stop for a tighter reward/risk)